Standard Warranty Terms
All standard parts sold hereunder are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and material, and are warranted to meet the Company's published specifications, but no other warranty, expressed or implied, is made by the seller unless expressly set forth. All special equipment manufactured to customers' specifications are performance guaranteed only to the extent specifically agreed upon in writing between buyer and seller.
KGS Electronics warrants its airborne equipment for two (2) years or 1800 hours, whichever comes first, to be free from defects in workmanship and material. This warranty shall not extend past thirty (30) months from the date of shipment from the factory. The warranty period for non-dedicated aircraft installations is one (1) year.
KGS Electronics warrants its non-airborne equipment to be free from defects in workmanship and material for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment from the factory.
KGS Electronics shall have no obligation or liability under this warranty;
- For special, indirect or consequential personal or property damage arising from the failure of its equipment.
- If the equipment is operated with any accessory, equipment or attachment not specifically approved by KGS Electronics.
- If the equipment was not installed, operated or maintained in accordance to KGS Electronics installation maintenance/instructions.
- If the equipment was not used or operated under normal industry applications unless the installation was specifically approved by KGS Electronics.
- If the equipment was serviced, repaired, altered or modified in any way by a company other than a KGS Electronics factory authorized repair station.
- Except to the extent of the dollar value of the equipment being returned for warranty consideration only.
- The customer must notify KGS Electronics of all warranty claims within thirty (30) days after the discovery thereof.
Any unit shipped back to the factory for warranty repair must have prior factory notification and approval for the return or the unit will be refused and shipped back to the customer at their expense.
Units submitted for warranty consideration must be returned to the factory freight prepaid. All transportation charges, both in-bound and out-bound freight, are the responsibility of the customer.
All units sent to the factory must have a valid shipping ticket detailing purchase order number, customer and address, telephone number, person to contact, part number and serial number, complaint or squawk and return routing instructions.
KGS Electronics reserves the right to repair or replace customers' units at its discretion and at any KGS authorized repair and/or exchange centers. KGS Electronics reserves the right to make improvements and or changes to its equipment any time a unit is submitted for warranty repair or exchange consideration.
KGS Electronics reserves the right under this warranty to refuse or reject any and all warranty claims for any reason whatsoever if, based on the Company's estimation, damage to subject equipment was not caused by component or factory workmanship defects.
WARRANTY ON REPAIRED ITEMS
KGS Electronics warrants all Factory repaired equipment to be free from defects in workmanship and material for a period of ninety (90) days from the date the repaired item is received by the Customer. The repair warranty period will not alter any original warranty periods previously in effect unless the repair warranty period is greater than the original warranty duration in which case the longer warranty period will apply.
The repair warranty covers specific repair work done on the equipment only and does not cover damage or failure to other assemblies or components incurred during the repair warranty period. Any associated damage or failure to the equipment and its coverage under the repair warranty will be evaluated and decided upon by the Factory.
All other terms, conditions, exclusions and procedures as stated in this Warranty Policy will apply to the warranty on repair items.